Is it my fault that I can’t get excited by a 3 match one day series between Australia and Bangladesh, smack bang in the middle of footy finals? Not that my team is playing, but still… it’s the vibe of the thing. Anyway, in the space of 7 days in D...
Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has urged his club to recruit well over the next 18 months if they want to be a top eight side again. The Tigers needed a win against Manly to stay in touch with the top eight going into the last two rounds of the ...
Well whaddya know! They’ve picked an Australia A squad. Just in time too… I was looking for something to write about! The squad is Simon Katich (NSW, capt), Adam Voges (WA, v.capt), George Bailey (TAS), Doug Bollinger (NSW), Beau Casson (NSW), ...
The true Australian spirit lies in the heart of the underdog fighting to win against all odds and claim the gold medal. At the Athens and Sydney Olympic Games Australian proved it self as a sporting powerhouse despite its small population. On both...
Time to take a look at Australia’s Ashes 09 tilt. If you haven’t already done so – you can read my thoughts on England’s tilt here: [url]http://www.thefanatics.com/web_blog.view.php?web_blog_ID=255[/url] I don’t know whether anybody has noticed...
OK, ok, so Parramatta won a game. Big deal. It hardly makes up for a season of underachievement. I can tell you a couple of things about the Eels. Firstly, there's a bit of division in the playing ranks between the young generation Y set headed by...
OK – with the English home series against South Africa wrapping up, I thought I would look into the Official Around the Wicket Crystal Ball (not available from www.thefanatics.com/shop) and do my first preview of the Ashes 09. Part 1 is dedicat...
THE Todd Carney situation is only going to get uglier before it gets better. Right now there's a Mexican standoff happening between Carney, his agent and the Canberra Raiders. All the mail says Carney's gone from Canberra. The first reason is b...
I'M hearing there's probably only two clubs who could afford to pick up Todd Carnage and they're the Rabbitohs and the Dragons. Saints are cashed up after old mate Gaz decided to bid au revoir and the Bunnies have had a secret kitty stashed for th...
After years at the helm of English cricket, embattled England skipper Michael Vaughan has stepped down as captain of the English test team. The only Englishman in 20 years to say “I captained an Ashes winning side” has let go of the reigns. This i...
Browse blog archives2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002
Most read blogs
- 1323 views We'll be singing, even if your winning
- 1177 views Drinking for Australia - David Boon 52 Not Out!
- 979 views For Sale
- 892 views Australians All Let Us Rejoice
- 819 views Oktoberfest Opening '06
- 749 views Ashes 06/07: ...........PLAY !!!
- 667 views Oktoberfest Middle Weekend
- 652 views Deutschland 2006-The Socceroos Destiny
- 645 views Oh gee look out, he's thrown the big high 5!
- 576 views Ashes 06/07 Not long now...
- 504 views Dave's World Cup Blog I - Durban HQ
- 502 views Sutho Spy talks to The Pantsman
- 489 views Dave's World Cup Blog IV - Henry Le Cheat and Fan Fest
- 480 views If the Wallabies wheels fall off in a forest....
- 459 views D’Arcy's Injustice
- 459 views Ducks and Jaques Simply Don't Mix
- 414 views Pamplona '09 My Run With The Bulls!
- 366 views The White Eagles - Serbian Team profile
- 353 views A messy few days
- 345 views For the love of Beer
- 340 views The London Report
- 336 views Did anyone say tomatoes?
- 328 views The Mighty Eagles!!
- 322 views Lost in Africa
- 320 views Dave's World Cup Blog III - Kick off
- 314 views The Shag Sums It Up
- 281 views ANZAC Day at Gallipoli 2005 - Tour Review
- 281 views NRL Wrap
- 277 views They Come in Three’s
- 273 views Dave’s World Cup Blog II – Welcome to Cape Town