Escape from the Bulls in San Sebastian - City by the Sea-SideThis is a city you'll never forget! It's as if best of Spain has been mashed all together to make up what is known as Donostia - sun, surf, beaches, tapas bars and of course the passionate people of the Basque region!
When a break was needed from the hustle and bustle of the San Fermin festival, San Seb was an ideal place to just chill out and recharge the batteries before getting back to those bulls. The casualness and calmness of the place during in the day time makes for a relaxing break.
In between the sunbathing, we walked up to the top of the highest hill where we learnt history of the sieges that were once took place in the city.
Having base in San Seb also created tight bonds with fellow Sangria lovers for when we hit the nightlife in the Old Town. Long nights were spent at the Tas Tas Bar followed by the trek back to camp through the cobbled streets before early rises for the hour drive into Pamplona on time for the bull runs..
I fully recommend getting the best of both worlds while the San Fermin Festival is on, a combination of San Seb & Pamplona is ideal for people wanting to see different aspects of Spain.
0 Comments about this article
Most read blogs
- 1323 views We'll be singing, even if your winning
- 1189 views Drinking for Australia - David Boon 52 Not Out!
- 979 views For Sale
- 892 views Australians All Let Us Rejoice
- 819 views Oktoberfest Opening '06
- 749 views Ashes 06/07: ...........PLAY !!!
- 668 views Oktoberfest Middle Weekend
- 653 views Deutschland 2006-The Socceroos Destiny
- 647 views Oh gee look out, he's thrown the big high 5!
- 576 views Ashes 06/07 Not long now...