Those Pommy summers aren’t half badWhen me and me mate Jezza rolled back into our London flat from the pub in the early hours of the morning, we made the split decision to head down to Wimbledon for “just one day of the tennis”. With a few beers in hand we took the tube out to Wimbledon not knowing that this move would shape the rest of our UK summer. But soon after meeting some of the Fanatics veterans in Longy, Disco, and VB we realised it wasn’t only gonna be a one day event.
Some long nights on the beers with a different crew of passionate Aussies helped see us through to the rise of the English sun for another ripper day at the tennis. The traditional Pimms and strawberries got given a one off go before it was traded in for the Aussie equivalent of a nice cold beer, which was a match made in heaven for cheering on some vintage Lleyton. A chat with Mark Webber and Lleyton’s shout down at the pub with Tony Roche and the boys made the decision to camp out in line for the next day’s play a pretty easy one.
Then after two weeks of living the nomad lifestyle in a tent and five of Lleyton’s finest; Wimbledon had come to an end leaving just enough time for one last dig at the Dog & Fox and to recover for the road trip up to Cardiff to see the first of five against the Poms and keep the summer rolling.
0 Comments about this article
Most read blogs
- 1324 views We'll be singing, even if your winning
- 1199 views Drinking for Australia - David Boon 52 Not Out!
- 979 views For Sale
- 892 views Australians All Let Us Rejoice
- 819 views Oktoberfest Opening '06
- 749 views Ashes 06/07: ...........PLAY !!!
- 669 views Oktoberfest Middle Weekend
- 653 views Deutschland 2006-The Socceroos Destiny
- 648 views Oh gee look out, he's thrown the big high 5!
- 576 views Ashes 06/07 Not long now...