2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - Australia v Japan (Tokyo)
3-5 June, 2013
3 Days/2 Nights
- Support the Socceroos away from home as they attempt to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- Enjoy many of Tokyo’s attractions including the world’s tallest tower – Tokyo Skytree
- When the sun goes down, head to Roppongi for the ultimate Tokyo nightlife
This will be our last away match in this set of qualifiers and our boys will need all the support they can get against this higher ranked opponent. With only home matches against Jordan and Iraq to follow, this 90 minutes of play could turn out to be the most important in all our player's careers.
The rivalry between the two sides is building up to be one of our fiercest throughout Asia, and with so much on the line, you can expect this clash will be one to remember.
Our packages to this all important clash include 2 nights accommodation staying at a choice of centrally located Tokyo hotels along with a General Admission ticket to the big match.
Twin share prices for this event start from $499pp with extra nights, single prices and international airfares available upon request
The Qantas Socceroos have taken on Japan 20 times in their playing history with both teams having won 7 times and also playing out 6 draws. Our most famous contest against Japan came in the 2006 FIFA World Cup group stage where we came back from a goal down in the last 10 minutes to win 3-1 thanks largely to 2 goals from Tim Cahill.
Since that match, we have taken on the Blue Samurai in Asian Cup matches and World Cup qualifiers with the last match played at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on 12th June 2012 where the Aussies with 10 men, fought back on the back of a Luke Wilkshire penalty to force a 1-1 draw.
This Package Has Now Sold Out
- Two (2) nights accommodation staying at the Shinjuku Prince Hotel
- General Admission ticket to the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier between Japan and Australia in Tokyo on 4th June 2013
- Fanatics Merchandise