Hogmanay 2018 - Edinburgh New Year's Eve
From GBP 259/pp
Early bird special - lock in your place & package price with a deposit payment now!New Year’s Eve is famous worldwide for some massive celebrations from the harbourside festivities in Sydney to New York’s Times Square. In the UK there is no bigger celebration than Edinburgh’s Hogmanay!
Our tour includes your choice of three nights hostel or hotel accommodation in the heart of town, optional coach transfers from London, plus:
- Torchlight procession on 30 December
- Optional Stirling Castle & Famous Grouse distillery day trip
- Hogmanay NYE Street Party
- Loony Dook swim on New Year's Day
Any Questions?Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the tour.
- Three nights central Edinburgh hostel or hotel accommodation
- Torchlight procession on 30 December
- Hogmanay New Year's Eve Street Party
- New Year's Day party at Loony Dook
- Optional trip to Stirling Castle & Famous Grouse Distillery
- Optional coach transfers from London
- Funky Fanatics Hogmanay t-shirt & beanie
The FestivalHogmanay festivities run over a number of days and include the following:
- Torchlight Procession (30 December): Hogmanay kicks off with the Torchlight Procession through the city centre from 7pm (reserve your own torch when making your booking!)
- NYE Street Party (31 December): The big one! Our day party starts with NZ & Aussie NYE countdowns before Princes Street comes alive with over 80,000 people for the massive Hogmanay NYE Street Party!
- Loony Dook (1 January): Hogmanay’s annual Loony Dook - a dip in the icy waters of the Firth of Forth at Queensferry. We'll be running our coach down to Queensferry in the morning for anyone wanting to have a dip in the freezing Forth waters or just watch the clowns that do!
EdinburghEdinburgh is one of Europe’s great cities with some excellent shopping and entertainment venues and of course its famous castle spectacularly situated at the top of the Royal Mile. There’s always plenty to see and do here such as discovering the history of the area at Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Houses of Parliament, and a lively entertainment scene centered in the Grassmarket below the Castle. Needless to say during Hogmanay Edinburgh is absolutely rocking!
Our AccommodationYou have the choice of Edinburgh's best hostel and hotel options, all centrally located right in the middle of the Hogmanay action! Our hostel is just a few minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle and our hotel packages use the excellent quality Travelodge Hotel, with restaurant & bar, ideally located in the absolute heart of town. You won't find anyone else staying as central as us in Edinburgh!
Sunday 30 December - Edinburgh Arrival & Torchlight ProcessionCheck-in is available from 3pm, arrival details will be emailed to you three weeks before the tour.
Our optional coach transfer departs London at 7am this morning. We have scheduled food & rest stops along the way and are due to arrive in Edinburgh around 5pm.
Meeting our tour leaders between 5-6pm to collect your tour merchandise and tickets. We will then head to Hogmanay's opening event - the Torchlight Procession (torch vouchers available when making your booking) - before kicking on at our opening night party.
Monday 31 December - Optional Day Trip & NYE Street Party!Today we have an optional day trip to Stirling Castle and the Famous Grouse Distillery. Simply add this option when making your booking - the cost covers your coach transport, entry fees are payable on arrival at the castle (approx. £14) and distillery (approx. £10). The tour will return to Edinburgh at around 6pm.
Anyone staying in Edinburgh today might want to join a walking tour of the old town centre before joining us at our tour pub as we count down the New Year around the world.
Tonight it’s Hogmanay’s legendary Street Party and New Year’s countdown - be prepared for the biggest New Year's party ever with over 80,000 people partying on Princess Street, and some of the best fireworks you will ever see!
Once the fireworks are done join us at our after party - see our tour leaders for details.
Tuesday 1 January - Hogmanay's Traditional Loony Dook SwimToday we start the New Year with Hogmanay’s crazy Loony Dook swim. The traditional Edinburgh start to the New Year is a dip in the waters of the Firth of Forth at the annual Loony Dook. Whether you're brave enough for a dip yourself - or happy to keep your clothes on and watch - is totally up to you! (Swimmers need to purchase a ticket in advance - available when making your booking).
Those of you not keen on a swim might prefer to continue to look around the amazing Scottish capital including the Old and New towns, Holyrood Park and Arthur’s Seat.
Tonight Edinburgh will be cranking again as celebrations for the end of Hogmanay carry on into the night and we celebrate our closing night party!