X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queens New Years Honours

Hamilton & Hoy have been awarded the MBE & a Knighthood respectively,its seems to me they give out the awards in England on the back of shopperdockets, Poor Stephy Rice wins 3 gold medals for Australia and get ....all.

Re: The Queens New Years Honours

Originally posted by Wozza
    Thanks for your thoughts

You are welcome,I just wanted to show how easy it is to win a "gong" in England,given out on the back of shopperdockets obviously....with the Pom hirachy giving awards out so easily,what incentive is there for trying to achieve the "ultimategoal"???........Remember Eddie the Eagle won an award for being the WORSTCOMPETITOR in his event several years ago in the Winter Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Wozza
      I hardly think you can put Stephanie Rice's achievements up there with Lewis Hamilton's or Chris Hoy's.

Swimming is an insignificant sport where gold medals are dished out like sweets, Lewis won the premier motor sporting season on the last corner of the last race, Chris Hoy showed amazing guts and determination in leading the GB cycling team to ultimate glory.

As for Eddie the Eagle, he only made the headlines briefly and then disappeared. You must be more obsessed with us Poms than i thought, haha
      Lewis won on the last corner because someone was instructed to let him pass him so he could get the necessary point to enable him to clinch the title,it was clearly FIXED Wozza FIXED. I THINK HE FINiSHED IN FOURTH OR FIFTH POSITION...As I have told you on earlier posts Wozza you dont know half the facts you talk about,...then again does it matter whether it is true or not,as long as you get a story.

Eddie is STILL making the headlines.
      Last edited by H3rmit; 24-04-2009, 05:35 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Lewis won on the last corner because someone was instructed to let him pass him so he could get the necessary point to enable him to clinch the title,it was clearly FIXED Wozza FIXED. I THINK HE FINiSHED IN FOURTH OR FIFTH POSITION...As I have told you on earlier posts Wozza you dont know half the facts you talk about,...then again does it matter whether it is true or not,as long as you get a story.
        ok, show me the 'facts' where Lewis was allowed to win the final race

Comment

Working...
        X