Hogmanay Street PartyIn Edinburgh, Scotland only 2 things gear you up for the worlds biggest street party - a plate of haggis & tatties followed by the purchase of an authentic tartan kilt!
Amongst a crowd of 200,000 thousand plus New Years party goers its hard not to have a good time! Throw in some Byo drinks to distract the cold, a DJ set from Hot Chip, the glorious tunes of local boy Paulo Ntini and a back drop of the eery Edinburgh Castle and its impossible!
After 4 hours of celebrating bringing in the New Year with old and new friends your left wanting more, luckily there's much more.. Most clubs were up and running after midnight for many hours afterwards. Even the walk back from Princess St is entertaining, as you mingle with the friendly local Scots!
The old city is alive for days before and after the New Years with light shows, carnivals and a burning man which fills the streets all over again.
But possibly the highlight was watching the brave, tired, hung over or maybe still drunk boys & girls heading down to the chilly waters of the Queensferry River for a swim on New Years day for the annual Loony Dook! Absolute madness entertainment!
In between all this was the chance to gain some knowledge of the historic city of Edinburgh. There and back from London in 4 days - this is an experience you must tick off!
0 Comments about this article
Most read blogs
- 4914 views Dave's World Cup Blog IV - Henry Le Cheat and Fan Fest
- 4571 views Drinking for Australia - David Boon 52 Not Out!
- 1624 views We'll be singing, even if your winning
- 1187 views An article about how the Fanatics began
- 1054 views For Sale
- 961 views Australians All Let Us Rejoice
- 909 views Oktoberfest Opening '06
- 881 views Oktoberfest Middle Weekend
- 844 views Oh gee look out, he's thrown the big high 5!
- 793 views Dave's World Cup Blog I - Durban HQ