When Bavarian crown prince Ludwig married his beloved princess Therese in front of the town gates of Munich on October 12, 1810, he had no idea that his love would spawn the beer swilling, clog stomping, polka dancing phenomenon that is Oktoberfest.
Last year over seven million people attended the 16 day festival, making it the biggest public festival on earth!
Festival Dates: 21 September - 6 October, 2013
Where: Munich, Germany
The festival runs for two huge weeks & spans three massive weekends. Fanatics Oktoberfest tours & accommodation packages have something to suit every budget. We offer the best Munich hostels & hotels, our funky Munich campsite, coach tours from London, plus extended tours that include Hungary, Austria, and the Czech Republic. Don't miss out!
Oktoberfest photo gallery
Fanatics TVLoads more at Fanatics TV »
- Other activities other than Oktoberfest09:19am
- What to know, before you go!11:15am
- Opening Weekend 200910:52am
- Beerfest 2009 - Anyone here going?10:51am
- Prague & Buda Fest 200910:51am
- Closing weekend 200910:50am