Carlton's Fevola denies trade talk - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Carlton's Fevola denies trade talk

15/09/2005 10:20:29 PM Comments (0)

Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola says he and his management have not spoken to any other AFL club about a possible off-season trade.

Fevola has been linked with several other clubs despite signing a new three-year contract with the Blues midway through this season worth an estimated $400,000 a year.

A poor second half of the season, rumours of problems between him and coach Denis Pagan and Carlton trying to find the extra funds to re-sign Lance Whitnall have fuelled speculation that Fevola will depart in the off-season.

But Fevola said he was keen to remain at Carlton and that his name was just another raised in the so-called "silly season" which leads up to the AFL's pre-draft trade week.

"Definitely," Fevola told the Nine Network's The Footy Show when asked if he wanted to stay at Carlton.

"Everyone's tradeable, so I think everyone's name goes up at this time of year.

"(But) if the club didn't want you and put you up for trade, then I think any player would go."

Richmond this week denied it had held informal talks with the Blues about a possible trade for Fevola.

Hawthorn, Collingwood, Adelaide and West Coast have all been mentioned as other possible new homes for Fevola.

Fevola said he had also met with ex-Carlton great John Nicholls on Thursday for clear-the-air talks over newspaper allegations he had shown Nicholls a lack of respect during the former champion ruckman's speech at the Blues' best and fairest dinner last week.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2020 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news