Dave’s World Cup Blog IV – Henry Le Cheat & the packed Fan Fest. Having watch Bafanna get a creditable draw we made our way across to the brand new Green Point Stadium and it is a site to behold, literally touching the water and right beside th...
Dave’s World Cup Blog III – World Cup Kick off. Ayoba! – Which means Welcome – to my third update. So the competition has finally kicked off and the level of anticipation was extraordinary – the morning news on television called it the “most...
Having been in South Africa for over a week now I can report that I have discovered the route of all the World's economic problems - the allegory of the Vuvuzella! They are the highly controversial, deafness educing, children’s toy that is cur...
Day 1 and 2 (June 8-9) Well here we are, the World Cup, and the first of hopefully several updates, albeit slightly delayed. It certainly feels good to be here, just as it was a relief to finally board my Thai Airways flight from Melbourne t...
How’s it, One of the funny things about being on the road and using other computers is that you inevitably end up sitting beside someone doing something weird, in an internet cafe or the computer room of your hotel. As I write this blog I ha...
“How’s it” to everyone from South Africa – that’s the local version of G’day. Just two days to go until the World Cup kicks off in Jo’Berg (sorry I am day or so behind in my blogging) and if the noise of the Fuvuzella’s is anything to go by its...
The Serbian National Team – known as the “White Eagles” – are the Socceroos 3rd and final opponents in Group D on June 23rd in Nelspruit. Historically Serbia has played in a series of World Cups, but in a number of different guises – as Yugosla...
Pamps is definitely one of my top few European adventures. I rocked up to the Fanatics campsite fresh from a few days at Ibiza – the energy levels weren’t very high, eg. I was dragging my pack along the ground coz I couldn’t even lift it up. I ha...
Up there with the best 4 days of my life for sure. I’d heard my friends talk about Oktoberfest 2008 and I couldn’t grasp what they were on about when they said you have a couple of beers then they all lost each other and ended up having the most r...
When me and me mate Jezza rolled back into our London flat from the pub in the early hours of the morning, we made the split decision to head down to Wimbledon for “just one day of the tennis”. With a few beers in hand we took the tube out to Wimb...
Most read blogs
- 1323 views We'll be singing, even if your winning
- 1156 views Drinking for Australia - David Boon 52 Not Out!
- 979 views For Sale
- 891 views Australians All Let Us Rejoice
- 819 views Oktoberfest Opening '06
- 749 views Ashes 06/07: ...........PLAY !!!
- 666 views Oktoberfest Middle Weekend
- 651 views Deutschland 2006-The Socceroos Destiny
- 643 views Oh gee look out, he's thrown the big high 5!
- 576 views Ashes 06/07 Not long now...
- 502 views Dave's World Cup Blog I - Durban HQ
- 500 views Sutho Spy talks to The Pantsman
- 487 views Dave's World Cup Blog IV - Henry Le Cheat and Fan Fest
- 480 views If the Wallabies wheels fall off in a forest....
- 459 views D’Arcy's Injustice
- 459 views Ducks and Jaques Simply Don't Mix
- 414 views Pamplona '09 My Run With The Bulls!
- 364 views The White Eagles - Serbian Team profile
- 352 views A messy few days
- 345 views For the love of Beer
- 340 views The London Report
- 336 views Did anyone say tomatoes?
- 328 views The Mighty Eagles!!
- 322 views Lost in Africa
- 318 views Dave's World Cup Blog III - Kick off
- 313 views The Shag Sums It Up
- 281 views NRL Wrap
- 280 views ANZAC Day at Gallipoli 2005 - Tour Review
- 277 views They Come in Three’s
- 270 views Dave’s World Cup Blog II – Welcome to Cape Town