Electric.. Pulsating.. Emotional.. Enthralling.. Drama.. are great words to describe the atmosphere of the majority of sporting events worldwide. This lucky scribe is fortunate enough to have the chance to experience this atmosphere at its highest...
I go to bed early, 11.30pm, with the intention of a good night sleep before I run with the bulls in the 1st bullrun of 2013. The music is still blaring at the Fanatics campsite and I somehow manage to fall asleep, despite all the nervous energy ru...
I have to admit I was really apprehensive about visiting Gallipoli on ANZAC Day. In my family it is one of the most important days of the year and I was nervous that sharing that moment at dawn with thousands of strangers would feel impersonal. ...
Dave’s World Cup Blog IV – Henry Le Cheat & the packed Fan Fest. Having watch Bafanna get a creditable draw we made our way across to the brand new Green Point Stadium and it is a site to behold, literally touching the water and right beside th...
Dave’s World Cup Blog III – World Cup Kick off. Ayoba! – Which means Welcome – to my third update. So the competition has finally kicked off and the level of anticipation was extraordinary – the morning news on television called it the “most...
Having been in South Africa for over a week now I can report that I have discovered the route of all the World's economic problems - the allegory of the Vuvuzella! They are the highly controversial, deafness educing, children’s toy that is cur...
Day 1 and 2 (June 8-9) Well here we are, the World Cup, and the first of hopefully several updates, albeit slightly delayed. It certainly feels good to be here, just as it was a relief to finally board my Thai Airways flight from Melbourne t...
How’s it, One of the funny things about being on the road and using other computers is that you inevitably end up sitting beside someone doing something weird, in an internet cafe or the computer room of your hotel. As I write this blog I ha...
“How’s it” to everyone from South Africa – that’s the local version of G’day. Just two days to go until the World Cup kicks off in Jo’Berg (sorry I am day or so behind in my blogging) and if the noise of the Fuvuzella’s is anything to go by its...
The Serbian National Team – known as the “White Eagles” – are the Socceroos 3rd and final opponents in Group D on June 23rd in Nelspruit. Historically Serbia has played in a series of World Cups, but in a number of different guises – as Yugosla...
Most read blogs
- 4914 views Dave's World Cup Blog IV - Henry Le Cheat and Fan Fest
- 4571 views Drinking for Australia - David Boon 52 Not Out!
- 1624 views We'll be singing, even if your winning
- 1187 views An article about how the Fanatics began
- 1054 views For Sale
- 961 views Australians All Let Us Rejoice
- 909 views Oktoberfest Opening '06
- 881 views Oktoberfest Middle Weekend
- 844 views Oh gee look out, he's thrown the big high 5!
- 793 views Dave's World Cup Blog I - Durban HQ
- 790 views Ashes 06/07: ...........PLAY !!!
- 754 views Dave's World Cup Blog III - Kick off
- 741 views Deutschland 2006-The Socceroos Destiny
- 675 views Sutho Spy talks to The Pantsman
- 606 views Ashes 06/07 Not long now...
- 593 views The White Eagles - Serbian Team profile
- 551 views Pamplona '09 My Run With The Bulls!
- 548 views A messy few days
- 516 views D’Arcy's Injustice
- 513 views ANZAC Day at Gallipoli 2005 - Tour Review
- 503 views If the Wallabies wheels fall off in a forest....
- 488 views Ducks and Jaques Simply Don't Mix
- 482 views Wool's World Cup - Days 1 and 2
- 468 views Dave’s World Cup Blog II – Welcome to Cape Town
- 450 views Anzac Spirit Shines Through
- 450 views Did anyone say tomatoes?
- 450 views Dave's World Cup blogs - The allegory of the Vuvuzella
- 442 views West Indies = beer, chicken, cricket - Tour Review
- 405 views Hogmanay Street Party
- 391 views Fanatics ready for open warfare