Prince delays NRL talks until February - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Prince delays NRL talks until February

By Laine Clark 05/12/2005 06:39:55 PM Comments (0)

A long season has finally come to an end for halfback Scott Prince, but the anxiety has only just begun for his NRL club Wests Tigers.

Tigers skipper Prince has postponed contract talks with the reigning NRL champion until after the club's World Club Challenge against Bradford on February 3.

But Tigers chief executive Steve Noyce was still confident the recent re-signing of Prince's halves partner Benji Marshall would help retain the Kangaroos tourist.

Prince - off contract at the end of 2006 - has had little time to think after playing every minute of every NRL game this season before joining the Kangaroos' Tri-Nations tour.

After returning from the ill-fated Kangaroos tour last week, Prince has taken a welcome break before hitting pre-season training on January 9.

Prince, 25, said he would determine his future before the March 10 NRL season proper kick-off after a quiet word with his fiancee Kristy.

"I want to sort something out by the start of the season, not only for myself but also for the club - I don't want to drag them along," he said.

"If I stay, the club then knows they don't have to look elsewhere.

"If I decide to leave, at least it gives them enough time to get things moving.

"I've got to talk to my fiancee about it.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2023 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news