Inglis struggling with assault claims - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Inglis struggling with assault claims

By Jon Pierik 19/08/2009 07:49:15 PM Comments (0)

Rugby league star Greg Inglis has been struggling since accusations broke that he assaulted his former girlfriend Sally Robinson.

Inglis was charged with assaulting Ms Robinson on August 10 after an incident at his Altona Meadows home.

The Melbourne Storm centre and Ms Robinson have widely been reported as being a "couple" at the time of the incident but Inglis' manager Allan Gainey told AAP on Wednesday that wasn't the case.

"She has been his ex-girlfriend since March, they haven't been together since March," Gainey said.

Another woman, bikini model Kelley Cox, told Woman's Day magazine last week that she was now Inglis' girlfriend.

There were reports Inglis tried to disarm Ms Robinson while she was in the process of self-harm.

She is said to have been in "Greg's face" when he allegedly palmed her away. Ms Robinson allegedly suffered a black eye.

She hired solicitor, Bob Galbally, of Galbally Rolfe, and altered her statement last week when re-interviewed by police.

Inglis, 22, has been stood down by the club pending his court hearing on August 26.

Gainey said the Australian and Queensland kingpin "hadn't been eating or sleeping" since the incident and "isn't travelling very well".

"He has been very emotional, especially as he has been made out as a role model and then has had to put up with this," he said.

"It's a bit of a kick in the guts for him.

"He has done some counselling to try and get things right."

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said Inglis was a chance to return to training with the club as early as Thursday, but would still be indefinitely suspended from playing.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2021 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news