NRL probes alleged salary cap breach - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

NRL probes alleged salary cap breach

By Steve Jancetic 26/03/2010 09:22:13 PM Comments (0)

The NRL is investigating an alleged salary cap breach involving claims a sponsor agreed to build Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince a $400,000 house.

A report on News Limited websites claims a former sponsor of the Titans had agreed to build the club's marquee man a house, free of charge.

The NRL says it is taking the allegations seriously, although early investigations have been met by denials from Gold Coast chief executive Michael Searle.

"We will certainly look into it further but at this stage we have spoken to Michael Searle and he strongly denies any breach of the salary cap and has offered complete access to the salary cap auditor to examine all accounts," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

News Limited say they will publish more details of the alleged breach on Saturday.

The NRL refused to confirm what information had been passed on by the media organisation, but said it would welcome further information.

"We are always happy in the meantime to receive any information that people wish to bring forward," Gallop said.

The Titans failed to return calls to AAP.

Prince - the inaugural captain of the Titans - re-signed with the club on a massive five-year deal in April last year, the contract not set to expire until the end of the 2014 NRL season.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2020 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news