Hasler backs NRL bans for brawlers - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Hasler backs NRL bans for brawlers

By Ian McCullough 01/06/2010 02:51:28 PM Comments (0)

Manly coach Des Hasler has backed the NRL judiciary's decision to take action against the seven players involved in the mass brawl at the end of Saturday's Toyota Cup clash between the Sea Eagles and North Queensland.

The incident took place after the final whistle of a bad-tempered encounter, won 30-16 by Manly, with all seven players pleading guilty to contrary conduct fighting charges.

The players involved were Manly quartet Brad Bennett, Blake Davey, Josh Portlock and Lami Tasi and Cowboys trio James Segeyaro, Jack Cooper and Alex Elisala.

Portlock and Segeyaro were both banned for four matches for their roles in the bust-up, and Hasler said all of the players should have no arguments with the rulings.

"I've seen the vision and obviously being a national youth program it is not the correct image to be portrayed," Hasler said.

"Clubs were warned about this sort of thing at the beginning of the year as it comes off a similar episode from last year.

"It was a no-brainer and you realise the action will be swift and won't be tolerated."

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2022 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news