Inglis still with Storm - Gallop - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Inglis still with Storm - Gallop

Adrian Warren 17/11/2010 08:30:58 PM Comments (0)

NRL boss David Gallop insisted superstar Greg Inglis was still contracted to the Melbourne Storm despite South Sydney parading him in their colours for the first time earlier this week.

The Queensland and Kangaroos back recently opted to walk away from a proposed deal with Brisbane and join the Rabbitohs instead.

Inglis, who is currently sidelined with a shoulder injury, made a brief first appearance at Rabbitohs pre-season training at Redfern Oval on Monday.

Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe even trumpeted the Inglis signing on American television earlier this week, but Gallop on Wednesday made it clear the sublimely talented back wasn't yet officially in the Rabbitohs' burrow.

"A short form contract has been lodged. Let's be very clear about Greg Inglis' situation at the moment, Greg Inglis is a player that's contracted to the Melbourne Storm," Gallop told reporters on Wednesday.

"He needs a release from the Melbourne Storm with the salary cap auditor's approval before he can play anywhere else."

While it was reported Inglis had been offered a three-year $1.8 million deal, Gallop said he wasn't going to disclose the numbers on the contract lodged with the NRL.

"(Salary cap auditor) Ian Schubert will be looking at it fully including any third-party deals when that is all lodged with us, we're not quite at that point yet," Gallop said.

"When high profile players move clubs, Ian tends to have a pretty hard look at it and this will be in this category."

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2020 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news