Souths lodge Inglis contract - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Souths lodge Inglis contract

Ian McCullough 26/11/2010 02:01:33 PM Comments (0)

Greg Inglis' proposed contract with South Sydney was officially lodged with the NRL on Friday.

"It was sent by email to the NRL and we will wait to hear back from them," a Souths spokesman told AAP.

The 23-year-old has agreed to a three-year $1.8m deal heavily back-ended and involving third party agreements which Souths expect will allow him to fit under the salary cap.

However, NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert needs to ratify the contract before Inglis can officially be unveiled as a Rabbitohs player.

Inglis, who opted against signing for Brisbane last month - despite shaking hands on a three-year deal with the Broncos - has already linked up with the Souths playing group, despite having not yet been released by Melbourne.

The Queensland Origin centre and the Storm have yet to settle a $113,000 legal bill incurred in 2009, but Inglis' manager Allan Gainey is confident there will be no problems between the two parties.

"Once everything is sorted we will sit down with Melbourne and from the conversations we have had so far I do not see there being any problems working out what we need to do to secure the release," Gainey told AAP.

"We are just waiting now for the NRL and Souths to do their part, and once the contract has been approved then we will get to work. But at the moment we are just interested observers."

Gainey said the uncertainty over the move to the Rabbitohs was not concerning Inglis whatsoever.

"Greg's fine, he is a big boy. It is only November and there is plenty of time," he said.

"He has made it clear he wants to be a South Sydney player and we are confident he will be soon."

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2020 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news