Eels duo free to play after drugs ban - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Eels duo free to play after drugs ban

19/05/2011 07:45:21 PM Comments (0)

Two Parramatta lower-grade players are free to play again after provisional bans for positive drugs tests were deemed sufficient.

The NSW Rugby League Anti-Doping Tribunal says there was "no substantial fault or negligence" on the part of Brendan Oake and Tom Humble, who tested positive to the stimulant Methylhexaneamine at a NSW Cup match in September 2009.

The pair, who were playing for Wentworthville at the time, have served provisional suspensions since October 12 last year.

The tribunal was chaired by Sir Laurence Street and also comprised former player Sean Garlick and Dr Jeff Steinweg.

"Both players established that they had not purchased the substance and that they were not aware of its contents," it said in a statement.

"Both players had established how the substance entered their system and that there was no substantial fault or negligence on the part of the players.

"It furthermore found that the players had offered both relevant information and meaningful assistance to any future investigation.

"The tribunal concluded in the light of its findings that there should be no further penalty beyond the provisional suspension already served."

Humble played six first grade games for the Eels last year, while Oake has played 22 games for the NRL club.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2021 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news