Johnson in line for Freo return - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Johnson in line for Freo return

By Justin Chadwick 30/06/2010 07:52:31 PM Comments (0)

Fremantle bad boy Michael Johnson is back in favour at the Dockers, with coach Mark Harvey revealing the 25-year-old will be named in the squad for Saturday's AFL clash with Port Adelaide at Subiaco Oval.

But Harvey is yet to decide whether Johnson, who was banned for five matches when he was caught by police in possession of cocaine last month, will make the final cut.

"He's in the squad at this stage," Harvey said on Wednesday.

"The pros and cons (of whether he makes the final team) are whether he's earned it, whether it fits in with what we're doing on the weekend.

"I thought he played OK (for WAFL side Perth) on the weekend.

"His attitude has been really good.

"It's just whether the team is ready for Michael."

Back-up ruckman Kepler Bradley has performed admirably in the absence of Johnson but Harvey said both players could fit into the one side.

"I think Michael's a guy that can play different positions," Harvey said.

"He's effectively played back, wing, forward, ruck.

"So I think that (playing both Bradley and Johnson) won't be a problem in our side."

Dockers midfielder Paul Hasleby suffered a scare at training on Wednesday when he rolled his ankle.

But the 29-year-old managed to return to the track after having some strapping applied.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2021 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news