Ricky Nixon decides against appeal - Sports News - Fanatics - the world's biggest events

Ricky Nixon decides against appeal

Roger Vaughan 07/04/2011 11:44:12 PM Comments (0)

Disgraced AFL figure Ricky Nixon will accept the two-year suspension that has left his player management career in tatters.

Nixon had until 5pm (AEST) on Thursday to appeal against the penalty.

"The AFLPA has been advised that Ricky Nixon has decided not to exercise his right to appeal the recent decision of the agent accreditation board to remove his accreditation for a period of two years," the association announced in a statement.

Nixon had said earlier on Thursday he would not comment.

The accreditation board suspended Nixon on March 24 for his "inappropriate personal relationship" with teenager Kim Duthie, who was at the centre of the St Kilda nude photos scandal.

At the time of the hearing, Nixon slammed the verdict and described the board's process and investigation as "completely flawed".

Nixon has been back at his Flying Start offices after treatment at an Adelaide Hills rehabilitation clinic for substance problems.

Flying Start has 46 players, including St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt, and senior coaches Rodney Eade and Brett Ratten on its books.

The suspension was the first of its kind by the agents' accreditation board and means he cannot act on behalf of players or manage their affairs.

One of Nixon's charges, St Kilda's Nick Dal Santo, says he is unsure whether he will split with the manager after Nixon's decision not to appeal his suspension.

Dal Santo was one of the players whose image was circulated in the nude photo scandal.

But he said he had not yet made any decision about whether to walk away from Nixon and Flying Start.

"I have to weigh up my options like every other player," Dal Santo told the Nine Network.

"I haven't made up my mind - that's the honest answer. It's something I've got to look into and speak to a couple of people about."

Dal Santo said he had last spoken to Nixon "about a month ago" but had not had contact with the disgraced manager since his return to Melbourne.

One of Nixon's charges, St Kilda's Nick Dal Santo, says he is unsure whether he will split with the manager after Nixon's decision not to appeal his suspension.

Dal Santo was one of the players whose image was circulated in the nude photo scandal.

But he said he had not yet made any decision about whether to walk away from Nixon and Flying Start.

"I have to weigh up my options like every other player," Dal Santo told the Nine Network.

"I haven't made up my mind - that's the honest answer. It's something I've got to look into and speak to a couple of people about."

Dal Santo said he had last spoken to Nixon "about a month ago" but had not had contact with the disgraced manager since his return to Melbourne.

Brought to you by AAP AAP © 2022 AAP

0 Comments about this article

Post a comment about this article

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Becoming a member is free and easy, sign up here.

« All sports news